- Work to identify and qualify business opportunities, understand key customer technical objections and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Provide in-depth enterprise infrastructure/cloud modernization expertise to support the technical relationship with Google’s customers, including product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and partner directly with product management to prioritize solutions impacting customer adoption to Google Cloud.
- Guide customers through assessments of their existing legacy application environments, provide recommendations on a prioritization roadmap for application modernization, and identify applications for migration to hybrid-cloud computing models.
- Structure and execute prototyping workshops to prove out proposed new architectures, develop best practices, and document key blocking requirements for prioritization with engineering.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
This is a remote position.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Houston, TX, USA; Charlotte, NC, USA
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in a customer facing cloud computing role.
- Experience with legacy and modern application development, cloud service delivery and deployment, converged infrastructure, virtualization systems, containers and associated technologies.
- Experience with software defined networks, DNS, Software Load Balancers, Network Authentication, and Identity Management.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
- Experience with developing scalable architectures using API management, microservice frameworks, PaaS, container orchestration systems, or other applicable platforms (e.g. Knative) and large-scale VMware (6.5+) deployments.
- Experience in networking, virtualization, open protocols, application acceleration, VPNs and their application to PaaS and IaaS technologies, routing and firewalls, and logging and monitoring of hybrid-cloud workloads.
- Experience with cloud-native software development methodologies and tools within application development/deployment stages including CI/CD (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Concourse).
- Ability to address application security patterns including web application security, service mesh and mobile security.
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Sales Engineer, you will work hand-in-hand with technical Sales teams as an enterprise hybrid cloud subject matter expert to differentiate and paint the vision of Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explain technical features, help customers design architectures, engage in proof of concepts, and troubleshoot potential roadblocks.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.